Member HelpSimple instructions for how to do common time trade related things. These are all for members who have accounts on our web site and have already been activated. If you need help with something not listed here, contact us for help.
Time and TalentsAs of 2/25/13, we have switched to a new timebanking site, Time and Talents.
- Help on each page of the site can be found through the Help button at the top of that page.
- You can also read through the Time and Talents Guide.
- And you may find this video tutorial of the online system helpful.
Additional Help on Specific Tasks
- What All Members should do After the Transition!
- How to Add a Photo to your Profile
- What you can do with Groups
- How to Enter a Transaction
- How to Manage your Weekly TTC Emails
What All Members should do After the Transition!Since we have just transferred all member and trade information from the old site to the new site, it is very important that each member check their profile for accuracy! Not all information was transferred so some things you will want to set up again on your profile. Follow these steps to be sure you're ready to trade!
For more info and an overview of what's different about the new site, you may also want to read this FAQ on Time and Talents.
- Log in
- Go to The new TTC internal site.
- Log in using the email address you had listed on the old site.
- Everyone's password has been reset so the first time you log in you'll use: Abc@123 (careful of capitalization).
- Click the My Profile button in the row of buttons near the top of the page.
- Under the text fields, click Change Your Password.
- New fields will appear to type in your new password twice (you may have to scroll down to see them).
- Click SAVE Password. At the bottom it should say: Your password has been changed.
- Stay on the My Profile page.
- Check Your Name and Info - Did everything get transferred correctly? Is this how you would like other members to see your first and last name listed? Please note that of the address you list on this page, only city and state will be displayed to other members.
- Another Note: During the transfer, some members' names had an underscore character (_) attached to the beginning. You can simply delete this so it displays normally, or adjust your first and last names as necessary.
- Add a Short Bio - Any text you had on your old profile page did not get transferred. Write a few sentences about yourself to give other members a sense of who you are and anything else relevant to trading, such as notes on availability or preferred contact.
- When you're done, be sure to click Save (near the top).
- Mouse over the My Profile button, then from the dropdown menu that appears, click My Contact.
- Did your phone and email get transferred correctly? You can delete info you don't want listed, or add other types of info you do want. If you select to have any info private, that means TTC coordinators can see it but other members cannot. Otherwise, info that you add will be visible to other TTC members. It's up to you how you want members to contact you and what info you decide to list.
- Mouse over the Hours tab, then from the dropdown menu that appears, click Statement.
- In the gray space at the top, you will see your balance (hours provided, received, and total). Did your balances get transferred correctly?
- If there's any confusion, look over your transaction history. If there is a problem, contact Louisa and we can compare the records to what was recorded on the old site.
- Note that service categories did not get transferred exactly, and most have been changed to a more general category. This has no real affect on your account as long as the number of hours is still accurate.
- Click the My Offers button to see all of your currently listed offers.
- Did the services you offer get transferred correctly? Are they up to date? Please take the time now to add any new services you are willing to provide, and also take down any services you are no longer offering.
- Repeat this process on the My Requests page to check and update your requested services.
- Profile photos did not get transferred from the old site. It is not required, but we encourage everyone to add a photo to their profile! If you don't want your own photo posted, think about a picture that represents you or something you like. It makes the site a more friendly place and encourages people to contact you for trades!
- To add a photo, follow the instructions below.
- From the old site, affiliations and neighborhoods you may have selected did not get transferred. In addition, these exact categories don't exist in the new site, but instead we can use Groups.
- Read about how groups work below, and join the relevant groups.
- The list of groups has to be built up and since this site is new to us, the list is very short so far! We have added a few groups mainly as examples, so we strongly encourage members to add whatever groups you would like to see! We just ask that to keep them organized you please use the prefixes specified.
- Mouse over the My Profile button, then from the dropdown menu that appears, click My Page.
- This is what your profile page will look like to other members of the TTC. Confirm that this is what you want displayed and make any further changes!
- Mouse over the My Profile button, then from the dropdown menu that appears, click My Images.
- Leave the dropdown menu on Add Profile Image (it's the default option).
- Click Browse to choose an image from your computer. It must be under 2MB.
- Click Upload Image.
- Groups let members organize into subgroups of the TTC in order find members with similar interests, and communicate with them easily. This is functionality our old site didn't have, so we will use Groups to take the place of things like affiliations and neighborhoods plus much more.
- We have designated a number of different kinds of groups. Since they are all listed together on one page, we use prefix abbreviations to organize them. Here are what the abbreviations mean:
- AFFL: Affiliation - Any kind of real-world group you associate with and would like to appear on your profile. It could be a school, a religious organization, a non-profit, etc.
- INT: Interest Group - Topics or activities you are interested in that you would like to find other TTC members to trade with or just do things together. It could be people who want to trade pet care, or people who all like to garden.
- NBR: Neighborhood - Each person has their city/town listed in their profile but neighborhoods are any other geographical category you find useful. It could be smaller, like Cambridgeport, or bigger, like MetroWest.
- Joining a Group
- Mouse over the My Profile button, then from the dropdown menu that appears, click My Groups.
- You will see a list of existing groups. To join any group, click Add to the right of the group name.
- Groups you have joined will now appear at the top of your My Groups page.
- Adding a Group
- We strongly encourage members to add their own groups to better serve your needs and connect with others in the community.
- Simply type the name of your new group in the text field near the top of the page, and click Add.
- You will automatically be added to this group.
- To keep the list of groups organized, please use the same prefixes in the rest of the list. If you have a new category of group that you think should have a new prefix, let us know!
- Click on the Hours tab.
- Fill in the fields on this page. Typically the TTC member who received the service will enter the transaction, but it can be done by the provider, so make sure you choose the right option.
- On the next page, select the person you traded with.
- On the next page, select the category of your trade.
- On the laste page, choose whether you were satisfied with the service. If you are willing to be a reference for this service provider, you may indicate that, but if you don't want to be listed as having traded this service then you should choose no.
- Click Record Transaction and your trade will be saved!
How to Add a Photo to your Profile
What you can do with Groups
How to Enter a Transaction
How to Manage your Weekly TTC EmailsThere are two types of weekly (or approximately weekly) emails that will be sent by the TTC:
- The Weekly Bulletin: This is a similar email to the ones we have always sent, compiled each week by a coordinator, with info about TTC events and orientations, highlighted services, and interesting stories from the group.
- With the old site it was possible to unsubscribe from these email broadcasts without stopping all system emails. For now, if you don't want to see them, we suggest you set up a filter within your email program. As we all get used to the new site, we may either add a way to unsubscribe from just these emails, or simply merge the two types of weekly emails.
- It is possible to unsubscribe from these particular automated emails. To do that, click the Profile tab.
- Then click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down if necessary and near the bottom right it says: Send Weekly Updates?
- Switch the toggle so the text reads No. You should no longer get those emails.